Controlled Burn Info

Open Burning is permitted in Penn Forest Township with restrictions.


Refer to the Township burning ordinance located in the "File Library" for guidence.


If you are going to conduct a controlled burn, you need to:

  1. Contact the Carbon Co Communication Center at 570-325-9123 (non-emergency number) to provide the following information;
    • Your Name & Contact number
    • Location of the controlled burn
    • Approximate duration of the burn
  2. Have a source of water, or other fire suppressant to extinguish the fire nearby.
  3. Ensure the fire is attended by someone at all times





© 2021 Penn Forest Township Volunteer Fire Company #1